Sunday, October 26, 2008

RunDoc Does Her First Triathlon

RunDoc Eats Humble Pie!

I did my first triathlon today...just a sprint...and I'm eating humble pie...I blasted through the swim in 6:42 for 300m, then ran to my bike (barefoot on freezing pavement), had a good transition then off to bike 12 miles....turns out I am a slow cyclist (who knew!) I rode 12 miles in 47:21 then practically fell off my bike....almost screamed out "my legs, my legs, who took my legs" as I got off the bike, then tried to run....pathetic...for a person who normally does about a 21 minute 5K or less, I ran a 24:00 and was happy to have that time! I finished 3rd in the old lady 40-year-old age group and was thrilled not to come in last! I know have an enlightened sense of awe for all those triathletes I used to make fun of :) Bottom line...I had fun (and I beat my brother - he had a flat - I'll take it, first time I beat him in over 20 years!)....Next time I'll be better prepared...I think I have the bug....gotta try again....



Run Happy...and try a tri for fun!

1 comment:

BlueShoeMom said...

Enjoyed reading this account of your First try of a "Tri"
So do you get to put shoes on after the swim fo rthe boke ride of 12 miles?? I hope so...