Saturday, February 14, 2009

Inspiration From New Runners!

Inspiration From Newbies!

This morning I got to spend a few minutes with a new group of hopeful marathon runners who had joined the local Team-in-Training Program raising money to fight Leukemia and Lymphoma. It was 35 degrees and I had to drag my 2 year old with me because of life's bad timing :) I was not in the greatest of moods when I got there, to say the least.

My bad mood cloud almost instantaneously lifted and my mood changes 180 degrees! What amazed me is that you could almost palpate the hope and joy in this group. A cold Saturday morning at 7am and they are laughing, joking and supporting each other in this endevour. These types of moments always reinforce the realization that it is the journey, the miles on the pavement, the friends and peeps we run with who support us, laugh and cry with us, that make marathoning such an uplifting pursuit....a growth experience for all...not the race itself, but the journey to get there.

I applaud everyone who got up this morning, laced their running shoes and headed out the door to run with their peeps.....

Happy Valentine's Day! Here's to the love of the run.......

No comments: