Sunday, April 19, 2009

Newton Shoes Make RunDoc Faster in Triathlon!

Congrats to all who finished King Tut Triathlon in McKinney Texas today!

RunDoc finished her second triathlon today! Not a pretty picture, but not bad for someone who has no idea what she is doing! This was my first open water swim. So much for getting ready in a pool. Does not prepare you for sighting and then looking up and getting blinded by the sun. Had no idea where I was and according to my family, who were spectating, at one point I started to drift toward the shore. Instinct I guess. I finally got back on course and finished but scared me to death :) But I wasn't last, so not so bad :) Did I mention the water was 62 degrees....brrr!

On to the bike. A rolling, hilly course and I had a nice slow ride...ha ha...It took me at least 10 miles to be able to feel my hands and I still couldn't feel my feet when I got off the bike....

On to the run....Thank God for my new Newton shoes! (Did I mention they are hot pink?) I still couldn't feel my toes but they forced me to throw my center of gravity forward and helped me get my stride. They were like a friend helping me get my groove back after the bike:) My run was decent but not outstanding, but would have been much worse if I had worn my regular training shoes! So kudos to the Newton guys today (That's for you Diesel)

Overall...I lived for another day...I may have been running for 30 years, but this triathlon stuff is a work in progress.

Bottom Line...I had fun today...came in 10th (not last) so on to Caveman Tri in Flower Mound next week.....

Run Happy and try a pair of Newton's at your next race!

PS. A Great Big THANK YOU goes out to Janey Dixon for getting up at 4am, driving me to the race, cheering for me, then giving me a Shiner at the finish! Love Ya!

No comments: