Friday, January 15, 2010

Tony Parker Playing With Plantar Fasciitis

Last season we talked about Tony Parker of the San Antonio Spurs blowing out his ankle. Seems like his foot and ankle woes are back. He reported this week that he has been suffering from plantar fasciitis for several weeks. The arch of his left foot is killing him and he blames his declining productivity on his foot pain. I know when my arch is just a little irritaed from worn out running shoes or when I need a new pair of orthotics, I have a hard time pushing off when I run. I imagine Tony is having a hard time not only running up and down the court, but having the same spring in his jump shot. He reports that he is using a special stretching sock to help stretch the fascia while he is sleeping. He is also doing quite a bit of physical therapy. Maybe we should send him some orthotics? Then again, maybe it is good karma for the Dallas Mavericks that his feet hurt!

If your arches are killing your personal jump shot, click here for more information on the treatments for plantar fasciitis. Get back in the game!

No comments: