Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Long Road to Ironman Mont-Tremblant FAANT Girls' Style!


The road to Ironman Mont-Tremblant in Quebec officially starts for the FAANT girls this weekend. It’s finally time to admit that I better get my butt in gear and get training a lot harder. Janet has been in full gear for about 6 weeks or so….I’ve been lazy until the last two. Looking at the calendar, we have only 20 weeks to go and the challenge is mighty! For anyone who wants to laugh at us or is just curious, go to www.ironmanmonttremblant.com and take a look at the elevations on the bike course. We must be out of our minds. We live in almost the flattest state in the union, so we pick the Ironman with the most hills we can find J

Today’s video blog is just a taste of what we have in store for our friends! In two weeks, I am “participating” in the Ironman 70.3 in New Orleans and this should be a good barometer of how poor my fitness is at this point! Janet and I will be racing in the 70.3 in Buffalo Springs (Lubbock, TX) at the end of June! Hopefully by then it won’t hurt so bad!

A 50 mile bike ride (Janet actually continued and did something on the order of 100 miles) on Saturday followed by an hour or so open water swim on Sunday with a short run afterwards sounds like a great Easter weekend! Thanks go out to all our friends from Lake Grapevine Runners and Walkers who joined us!

That’s all for now….I hope you enjoy this next adventure with us.

For more, follow us at www.myrundoc.com (Crane) and www.healthystepsdfw.blogspot.com (Dixon). I promise it will be good for a few chuckles along the way.....



1 comment:

Tina Fragale said...

Fantastic blog!!! So much great information from both the perspectives of a professional podiatrist and a triathlete. I came across it in a search for "first ironman blogs" and was actually considering the Mont-Tremblant IM 2013 for my first! (Fortunately, I live in Austin where we do have plenty of hills to practice on!).

I look forward to reading about y'alls experiences...

Good luck in NOLA! :-)