Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2014 Boston Marathon in Video Blog: An Epic Day! One That Changes You Forever!

I usually do a written follow up of my race day videos, but here we are a week after Boston and I just can't seem to find the right words to describe the experience. It was an epic day! It was a day that will never be duplicated and certainly not forgotten. I was amazingly blessed to be able to experience the entire breadth of emotions that made up the Boston marathon weekend this year. Truthfully, I cried for the first time Friday evening upon arriving in the city and continued on and off until we came home to DFW. I still tear up when describing the experience to patients, friends and family. My goal in running Boston was to honor the life of my friend and colleague, David Bloom. I accomplished much more. Boston 2014 reminded my how blessed I am to be able to run and share my passion with so many people. It also reminded me that even those whose bodies are not whole can inspire the world with their strength and perseverance. I will never be the same. My view of the world has changed forever due to this one day. I felt like the entire city of Boston came out just to give the runners a hug and to celebrate the resurrection of the city! I only wish was that this moment in time would last forever. There will be more marathons run in Boston, but there will never be another 2014 Boston Marathon.

No comments: