Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! Can You Run/Walk 2015 Miles in 2015? Yes You Can!

I was challenged this morning by an ultra-marathon running friend to run 2015 miles in 2015. At first I thought that sounded like one of those resolutions that is like a gym that turns into a bar in February. 2015 miles! That's almost 6 miles a day!

Then I realized that walking counts and that if you average 10,000 steps a day at 2,000 steps roughly equaling a mile, then I probably walk at least 5 miles a day at work before I even tie up my running shoes.

Turns out this is not a novel idea. There is a whole group of people who have signed up for a virtual race that lasts all year long! Sounds like a blast! I'm in! And you can go solo, tandem or a team to get it done! For more info on the virtual race and how to join in on the fun, click here.



So I logged 4 miles on the treadmill today....too cold and wet outside for this girl! That means I have 2011 miles to go......and perhaps I need to buy a pedometer and or FitBit! Run Happy!

Happy New Year 2015!

No comments: