Friday, October 22, 2010

I've Infected My Kids and They are Doing Their First Triathlon!

Wow! What an afternoon. My two oldest girls are doing their first triathlon tomorrow in Keller, Texas. We spend hours this afternoon running around, picking up their packets, getting new bike helmets (can’t bike with our skate board or horse back riding helmets according to the rules!), and finding appropriate gear. Luckily my 10 and 12-year-old can fit in my triathlon unitards (good thing I’m a midget ha ha). We even had to find swim caps.

Whew! Gear is all together and ready to go at 6am tomorrow morning. I’m excited. My first tri was at the age of 40! I’m glad my kids can get a taste of the sport I’ve come to love. The race is called the “Monster Kids Triathlon” and looks to be a lot of fun! They have competitors as young as 4 and as old as 13. Picture little kids on tricycles up to early teenagers. What a mix!

The adult sprint triathlon is Sunday, so we get to get up before dawn both days this weekend! I think I’m more excited then the girls, but my 12-year-old was telling everyone in school she was doing a tri and they were all impressed! Wish them luck! Will update with results and even pics!

I just hope they both have fun and maybe even want to do it again!

Run Happy! (and Bike and Swim if you please!)

No comments: