Sunday, November 2, 2008

DRC Half Marathon Results

Congrats to all the runners...over 5000! Wow! What a huge race for Dallas and a beautiful morning. It was 55 or so at the start and warmed up to 76 at the finish. Lots of great times were run (I unfortunately was not one of them) and the post-race parties in the tents were fun! Nice showing from the Lake Grapevine Runners and Walkers as well as the Dallas Athletes (most of which did a tri last weekend). My peeps all ran well with Tim Jacobs leading the way with a 1:35, Heather Wallace blasted by me at 8 miles and finished in 1:45, I personally bonked at 8 miles, but held on to a 1:48 (but at least it was a minute faster than last year and 19th out of 329 in my age group...not a terrible showing) and Steve Buksh rounded out the crew with a 1:50. Special guest appearance by an old friend, Dan Banse at 1:51. Dan and I suffered from the same disease....going out too fast and having unrealistic expectations! This was a good building block for the marathon next month...watch out White Rock here we all come! And hopefully will be smarter from our bonk today!

No comments: