Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Love Runners! Running Out of Town in Ft Lauderdale

I Love Runners....

What other sport can you email a random person from a running club website and end up with twenty more running peeps virtually overnight.

I have to thank the Ft Lauderdale Florida Running Club for opening their training run to all-comers and then actually being extremely nice and hospitable. They gave me detailed directions on where to find them as well as parking, hooked me up with a veteran from the club that ran about my pace and then actually listened to me talk for 16 miles straight :) (and my usual running peeps will tell you I actually do talk non stop while I run) I had a wonderful run on historic A1A from Deerfield Beach through Boca Raton to almost Palm Beach then back. They had Gatorade out at the 2 and 5 mile markers and the whole course was marked every half mile so you knew where you were. I ran with Tom who graciously listened to me babble and actually got a few words in edgewise. Andy, the local crazy man, jumped in at about 10 miles and then dusted us at the end. I call Andy the local crazy guy because he described a racing schedule that included at least 3 marathons, an Ironman and a few halfs all in the last 2 months! We all have one like Andy in every club....he makes the rest of us look like a moderate! All in all it was fun. They were very friendly and I got a good run in! Thanks guys!! I'll see you at the Tamarac Turkey Trot on Thursday!!

Run Happy...and never be afraid to call up the local club when you'll be out of town....you never know who you will meet!!

No comments: